With its educational facilities and healthcare system, Emory is the second largest employer in Atlanta, Georgia. Making 3 million trips annually, with 52 vehicles, their transit services are available to over 55,000 healthcare workers, students, and university employees. Emory partnered with TransLoc’s Planning & Design team to review five existing fixed routes and provide recommendations to reduce operational costs without sacrificing campus mobility or rider experience.
We can serve more people with fewer vehicles, putting resources out there where they're most needed and providing that right level of mobility for everyone.
Brittany Barrett, Former Assistant Director of Transportation
- TransLoc’s team was able to turn around their analysis with recommendations in a matter of weeks
- Emory transitioned some fixed-route buses to on-demand services during peak hours when there was more demand on campus
- Reduced average door-to-door trip times from 15 mins to less than 7
- Ridership satisfaction improved with reduced wait times and greater flexibility
- TransLoc’s recommendations could save Emory $24,700 in transit operations annually