United Airlines | O’Hare International Airport
Recognized as one of the top ten airlines in the world, United Airlines continues to innovate for both customers and its employees. O’Hare International Airport serves as a hub for United and is constantly evolving through new expansions, additional point-to-point routes, satellite terminals, and ground transportation route changes. In 2018, United’s focus was improving the employee experience, serving 8,000 employees with 700 flights per day. When a new employee parking lot was established, United took the opportunity to implement TransLoc’s fixed-route services and create a white-label United app to provide accurate real-time tracking for employees and dispatchers.
[TransLoc’s software] was accurate and spot-on, [out of the other competitors] you were the ones that really wowed us. TransLoc had awesome customer service with quick turnaround times.
Brian Waston, Airport Operations – Hub Business Partners Manager
- Avoid the time-consuming inaccuracies of manually counting passengers
- Find a simple solution that didn’t need “rocket scientist” skills to implement
- TransLoc data showed ~17% of buses were not on-time, allowing the team to create a new process for drivers to improve OTP
- ~70% of riders use the TransLoc app to track their bus
- APCs allow the city to determine which stops are used most frequently and need bus shelters added