Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (GSP)
Greer, South Carolina
In 2020, the Airport Service Quality awards recognized Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (GSP) as the Best Airport in North America among airports servicing 2-5 million passengers annually. President and CEO Dave Edward said, “GSP takes great pride in providing our customers with a superior airport experience.” A growing airport, more than 2.6 million passengers traveled through GSP in 2019, a 109% increase over the last 10 years. With a valet parking lot, two parking garages, and three economy lots with one terminal, GSP recognizes that smart airports, which embrace technology, are the future.
Operating shuttles is not cheap so, as an organization, we were eager for our customer base to know that we had shuttles operating.
Cody Bauman, Director of Operations
- Improve passenger outreach and communication of shuttle operations
- Increase ridership on airport shuttles
- Enhance passenger airport experience by incorporating technology
- Implemented TransLoc’s fixed-route technology to offer live shuttle tracking via a white-labeled mobile app and web experience
- Added solar-powered wayside signage in parking lots to help passengers easily locate shuttles
- Installed interactive kiosks for passengers to navigate on-site amenities and access shuttle information
- Increased ridership 27% over the first six months