TransLōc is a growing company that’s on a mission to change the face of Mass Transit. Interested? Well then, stop wasting time and shoot us an email. Don’t forget to tell us which job you’re interested in and why you’re the right person for the job! Bonus points awarded for creativity.
TransLōc offers competitive salaries, comprehensive group health insurance plans, generous vacation policies, and more. We’re located in beautiful Durham, NC. You’ll be joining a bright group of experienced folks who love what they’re doing to make transit the ideal choice and experience.
- This job is for you if…
- You are looking to solve challenging problems. At TransLōc, you will build the software that supports our transit system visualizations and predictions. Our mission is to help revolutionize the experience of using public transportation, and we need engineers eager to accept that challenge. You should be a well-rounded technologist, of course; but just as important, you should be a well-rounded human being who wants to make a meaningful impact with his work.
Skills & Requirements
- You have significant experience in web app development
- You have deep knowledge of how Linux ticks and can stand up production servers with ease
- You have extensive experience with Python and related frameworks like Django or Flask
- You can write web components in at least one lower-level language (C, Java, Go, etc.)
- You understand good database architecture and are comfortable with light MySQL administration
- You have experience writing production web apps against No-SQL storage systems (e.g., MongoDB)
- You have a degree in computer science or commensurate experience in the workplace