TransLoc is hiring! We’re looking for the best customer-driven, detail-oriented customer care specialist in the entire state of North Carolina. Wondering what a TransLoc Customer Care Specialist does? Good. Read on to get the scoop…
- You will use your analytical skills and our software to interpret customer data and turn it into a beautiful map with real-time information about bus routes, bus locations, and arrival times. You’ll help people use and enjoy using their public transit systems more. You’ll be doing something good for the community.
- You’ll keep your customers (transit agencies across the country) informed of trends you observe about their transit system and advise them on how to use their TransLoc system tools more effectively. You’ll be viewed as an expert and someone agencies rely on. Your attention to detail makes all the difference.
- Every day, you’ll need to bring your A-Game to this creative and dynamic arena. You interact daily with the engineering team, hardware installers, your customer care teammates, and, of course, your customers.
- You’ll help bring new customers onboard, which includes guiding the customer to gather their transit data we need to build their transit system map. You’ll continue to care for that customer and are responsible for any changes they require on their map.
- You’ll use helpdesk email and phone to update and respond to your list of customers.
- You’ll work with the Customer Happiness Manager to ensure our customers are thrilled with their decision to purchase TransLoc.
- If you’re the right person, you’re never satisfied with the status quo. When you have some downtime, you’d rather figure out new and better ways of delivering customer care than post personal updates on Facebook.
Job Requirements and Skills
- Be detail oriented. Attention to the little things is important. This is a big one.
- Ability to deal with numerous activities, accounts, problems, and people, simultaneously.
- Love technology. You don’t have to be an engineer, but you need to possess solid knowledge of basic computer skills and be willing to learn some additional cool techie stuff.
- Be a fast learner. You’ll need to be able to learn our application/product quickly, keep up with the pace of innovation and always have the latest information top of mind.
- Be a people person. You’ll need to genuinely want to help our customers run their sites and to resolve their problems. We love our customers and you’ll need to, as well.
- Be able to convey often complicated information to people that may have next to zero technical skills. You know, turn techie talk into plain English.
- Be ego-less. Our goal is success – success of the company, of our customers, and each other. We always put the company, the client, and each other ahead of ourselves. If you need to be the center of attention, this is not the place for you.
- Experience in using incident-tracking software is desirable. Documentation of each customer care is required, with the intent of providing knowledgebase support entries when appropriate.
- The ideal candidate needs to be highly self-motivated and passionate about interacting in a positive and creative manner with customers and team members.
- Must have excellent customer service skills in order to communicate effectively with customers, as you will represent our company while on the phone or in email, so candidate needs to be very customer oriented and professional in approach.
- Occasional extended hours required; overtime pay is available.
- Competitive hourly pay position (based on experience) with overtime opportunity.
- Group health insurance
- Education stipend
- Generous PTO allowance
- Paid-paid vacation
- Work with talented and caring team members
- Monthly team lunches
- Be part of a company with a social conscience and mission
- Collaborative, engaging, fast-paced work environment
- The opportunity to make a significant impact on a fast-growing company
- Experience in a software or tech support environment.
- Experience with Knowledge-Centered Support principals; college degree.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by jobholders within this job. But this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.