TransLōc is a growing company that’s on a mission to change the face of Mass Transit. Interested? Well then, stop wasting time and shoot us an email. Don’t forget to tell us which job you’re interested in and why you’re the right person for the job! Bonus points awarded for creativity.
TransLōc offers competitive salaries, comprehensive group health insurance plans, generous vacation policies, and more. And if you drive an electric car, you’re in luck – we have two charging stations. We’re located in beautiful Raleigh, NC. You’ll be joining a bright group of experienced folks who love what they’re doing to make transit the ideal choice and experience.
You are a software engineer looking to solve really interesting problems. You love beautifully architected software and won’t settle for less. You’re generous with your knowledge and enjoy mentoring junior engineers. You’ve developed ideas from just about every area of computer science, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, and data compression.
- You have a degree of some sort in computer science
- You have at least 3 – 5 years experience in web systems development
- You have intimate knowledge of Python and have spent many years coding in it
- You have 3 years experience developing web apps against No-SQL storage systems (e.g., Mongo, Redis, Couchbase)
- You have experience developing web components in a low-level language (C, C++ or Java)
- You have a deep comfort level with Linux and use it exclusively for development and deployment
- You have strong knowledge of database architecture and data storage best practices
What We Offer:
- Work with talented and caring team members
- A company that doesn’t just say they value their employees, but works to show it every day
- A chance to build products that actually benefit people every day
- Be part of a company with a social conscious and mission
- Competitive salary
- Employee Group Health Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Collaborative and engaging work environment
- The opportunity to make a significant impact on a fast-growing company
Interested? Shoot us an email, and be sure to tell us why you’re “the” right person to join the team.
TransLōc is seeking an ambitious, experienced Field Service Technician to install and service Real-Time GPS tracking devices on-site. Technicians who perform well during the contract period will be considered for permanent hire within 5-6 months.
- Competitive hourly pay position (based on experience) with overtime opportunity.
- Cell phone allowance.
- Work with talented and caring team members.
- Be part of a company with a social conscious and mission.
- Collaborative and engaging work environment.
- The opportunity to make a significant impact on a fast-growing company.
- Requires intermediate level mechanical skills and ability to use hand tools and power drill to install GPS tracking devices. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following: finding and running DC power to the device, installing external antennas and roof mount GPS receivers as well as mounting hardware and troubleshooting existing installations.
- One year minimum experience using electronic test equipment to verify and repair electrical/electronic circuits is required. Basic understanding of automotive power, fuses and relays is essential.
- The ideal candidate needs to be highly self-motivated and passionate about interacting in a positive and creative manner with customers, team members and developing partners.
- Must have excellent customer service skills to communicate effectively with customers, you will be representing our company while on-site, so this candidate needs to be very customer oriented.
- Out-of-state travel to perform installations and/or service is required. Travel time ranges from 1 day to 2 weeks, or approximately 90% of your total hours.
- Must be able to travel with little or no notice. Must be able to travel on any day of the
week for potential extended periods and must be able to travel by air.
- The candidate must have reliable transportation in order to drive to our offices and/or to local customer sites, on an as-needed basis.
- This is a physically demanding job, so it is preferred that the candidate be able to lift 50+ lbs, have no issues bending, kneeling, or stand for extended periods of time. In addition, the candidate will need the ability to climb in and out of bus access hatches (located on the roof of the bus).
- All necessary tools will be provided.
- Minimum one year prior 12 volt installation experience (auto alarms, car stereos, auto cell phones etc.) is required. Fleet installation experience is a plus.
- Prefer technicians with at least Basic Mobile Electronics Certification (MECP). If not certified, you must acquire certification within 90 days of hire (TransLōc will pay for the MECP certification test).
- Military experience is a plus.
- Must have an excellent driving record and maintain a valid driver license throughout employment.
- Willingness to travel with flexible schedule.
- Ability to communicate (written and verbal) with people at every level within the internal and external customer organization.
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a professional manner with a high level of diplomacy.
- Must have basic computer skills such as using email, spreadsheets, etc.
- A.A.S in electronics, computers, or related field, 2+ year experience with GPS products; 2+ years experience with wireless products; MECP Certification, and 2+ experience as a mobile electronics installer.
- This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Please submit your resume to Adam for consideration.
Once a transit agency gets TransLoc, they want to shout from the rooftops to all their riders…”You can see your buses in real-time!” But, is shouting really the best way? We want to give our new customers an incredible marketing template & toolkit for them to spread the good news to riders.
- We have awesome customers and we need you to talk with them about their marketing needs and develop a marketing plan/template for us to give current & new customers.
- If you’re a awesome designer, you’re perfect, because we need you to design creative ads & graphics to go on buses, in brochures and on on the web.
- Last, we need someone that jives with the TransLoc values and mission, these mean a lot to us.
Ideal qualifications include:
- Currently enrolled in undergraduate degree program.
- Great people skills.
- Adobe CS Suite experience is essential (primarily Illustrator and Photoshop, possibly InDesign). Bring samples.
- Ability to write compelling copy. Bring sample.
- Basic HTML knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to work with a team and handle honesty well.
- Desire to work in a company that cares about you and ramp up fast.
Please submit your resume to John Mickey for consideration.