why you’re the right person for the job! Bonus points awarded for creativity.
Is this the role for you?
You live and breathe mobile. You wait impatiently each summer for the next candy release. Poorly-designed mobile apps offend you to the core. You’re fanatical about building apps that solve real problems and delight real people. You have a fierce belief that technology should be elegant, fast, and simple to use. When problems arise, you don’t address the symptoms–you find the root cause like a heat-seeking missile. You’re an engineer first, but your product and usability chops are a close second. You possess tons of other great human traits beyond our wildest imagination. You thrive in a team environment but are comfortable being the sole Android resource.
Would you fit in?
At TransLoc, you will build the software that supports our transit system visualizations and predictions. Our mission is to help revolutionize the experience of using public transportation, and we need engineers eager to accept that challenge. You should be a well-rounded technologist, of course, but just as important you should be a well-rounded human being who wants to make a meaningful impact with your work. In addition, we have a team-oriented dynamic with an autonomous work environment.
What makes you happy?
● Building Android applications that solve hard problems
● Working in variations of Java (J2EE, J2ME, etc.) and playing in Python, Ruby or Perl
● Managing memory to make apps super performant
● Creating attractive, highly-usable mobile experiences
● Working with complex threads and asynchronous logic
● Continual learning (we have an education stipend and we want you to use it)
How do people view you?
● Problem-solving machine
● Team player
● Determined, focused, and proud of your work
● Doesn’t miss the details
Have you done all these things?
● Achieved a bachelor’s degree in CS or related field (or have commensurate experience)
● Built mobile applications and went through the joys of releasing them on the store
● Strong experience with Android location services
● Utilized RESTful APIs and JSON
● Worked in a fast-paced development environment
● Contributed to a company’s vision and goals
Do you like perks?
TransLoc has an employee focus—after all, you are helping us become an exponential growth company. We offer competitive compensation packages and generous benefits. Our benefits include: uncapped vacation time; all the standard holidays (and periodic bonus ones); medical, dental, vision (PPO) and HSA health plans; casual work environment; continuing education stipend; and a commuter transit subsidy. The cherry on top? We pay you a $1000 bonus once a year when you go away for five days and take a legitimate, restorative vacation.
I love it, how do I take a step toward joining TransLoc?
Submit your information (resume, LinkedIn profile, github account, and/or portfolio) to our Talent Lead (Ryan Batchelor) and take the next step toward a career with us.
If you have incredible talents and drive in your chosen field then we’d love to have a chat.